1/09/2014

[TT] What the New Year Means to Me

I know it's already been a week or so into the new year, but Happy New Year, everyone.


Now that twenty-fourteen is upon us, we really have lots to look forward to. As always, people are eager to make New Years resolutions that will most likely fall through half a month into January. I am no different in being optimistic when it comes to setting goals.

I'm not going to kid myself and decide that I'm going to hit the gym at least 3 times a week, but I do have some things that I want to achieve in the new year.

1) De-clutter my space.
I'm actually already well on my way to beginning this resolution because my room is currently looking like WWIII as I'm trying to get rid of some stuff I no longer need/want. I believe 100% that the environment influences your mood, so I'm adopting an "out with the old, in with the new" mentality. In Chinese, it'd be more like "if the old doesn't go, how does the new come?" ...and I bet you read that in a Chinese accent.

2) Make efforts to open up myself to make and/or strengthen bonds with new/old friends.
People are good to have in life because you can use them for various reasons. Just kidding. But really though...humans are social creatures and expanding social circles is important, in work and life in general. Not to mention, friendships last when you confide and share in your mutual (or not so?) insecurities. Support systems are key in assuring nobody falls off their rocker (or any place higher for that matter). I also want the people who have been there for me to understand how important they are in my life.

3) Be kind and be a karma soldier.
I totally made that term up, there's no such thing as a "karma soldier", but what I mean by that is that I should make a conscious effort to realize that things that go around come back around. Twenty-fourteen is a nasty year for my people (NEIGH), and extremely superstitious little me needs to be more careful with what I do in the world. My only consolation to every 12 years of impending doom is the fact that I have a good life to counterbalance the Chinese horoscope traditions. I should look into doing my volunteer and charity work.

..and that's all for now! I don't really wanna throw too much into this post because it'd get too wordy, but just wanted to post a little something to celebrate the new year here on my blog.

What are some of your new years resolutions? Do you even believe in making them?

No comments:

Post a Comment