4/10/2014

[TT] Why Do People Hate Kim Kardashian?

 
Photo credits to NewsPlies and the DailyMail UK.

Okay, so...one of the things Kimberly Noel Kardashian had on her Bucket List was to be on the cover of Vogue. Lo and behold, her and Kanye West's faces were printed and printed on cover after cover of Vogue's April 2014 issue for the entire world to behold...or to scorn.

I understand that a lot of people hold strong opinions towards Mrs. To-Be-Kardashian-West, even referring to her and her family in public forums as the Kar-trash-ians. Yes, I do acknowledge she made her way into the media spotlight because of a sex tape released by her ex-boyfriend, Ray J (who has gotten way too much attention for it, by the way). Yes, I acknowledge she has no fascinating talent in acting or dancing or singing (see Dancing with the Stars USA Season 7, Tyler Perry's movie "Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor" and Kim's music video for "Jam (Turn It Up)"). Yes, I can understand that her voice and antics, as featured on "Keeping Up with the Kardashians", can be considered annoying and childish. Yes, I can see why you disapprove of a baby name such as North West. However, I truly don't understand the lengths some people will go to verbally and physically show their displeasure with the Kardashians, especially Kim. The hatred for Kim Kardashian is so bad that people have openly shouted racial slurs, threatened to kill her, and even attacked her with flour at a red carpet event (okay yeah, that sounds more funny than scary).

I want to understand why people find the need to make it known that they are Anti-Kim Kardashian.

Personally, I think that Kim is a very lucky girl for being able to live a life of luxury at birth (thanks to the success of her birth father, Robert G. Kardashian) and in making a name for herself during her lifetime (whatever that name may stand for). I do not have the desire to hate Kim Kardashian because she has served her purpose in my life...to provide me with entertainment. She opens a window of vision to which I can observe how the rich live. She shows me how fame is not all that it is cracked up to be. She has shown me that despite what people that despise her may say or do, she still continues to live her life the best way that she knows how: Head up and [big] booty out.

So tell me, why do you think people hate Kim Kardashian so much?


1 comment: