9/05/2014

[FF] Getting My Life Together for School

Hey everyone!
I really have no excuse to not be updating three bloody times a week but I've been settling into my new place near school and my blog has been incredibly neglected.
I'm back today with another Favourites Friday, so let's go straight into it:

I'M CURRENTLY IN LOVE WITH...

1. Ricky Gervais & the people who illustrated and wrote this version of Noah's Ark
Please be sure to check out other Ricky Gervais stand-up pieces because he. is. HILARIOUS.


2. theSkimm
This is a email subscription service that sends news bits daily to your inbox. I admit to be one of the people to use Twitter to keep myself informed about the world around me (and then I Google to look up further information, you judgmental pricks), so adding theSkimm to my daily life is like a cherry on the cake.
The selling point of theSkimm is that it aims to put the news and political issues into layman's terms. The only downside to the newsletter format is that the headings sometimes distract me from the issue it tries to report.
Here's a sample excerpt:

Excerpt credit of Riggs Partners

 
3. Kanebo Kate Slim Gel Pencil Eyeliner (Bk-1)
My lovely friend Joyce (visit her personal blog by clicking on her name) gifted me her favourite eyeliner a while ago and I've only recently started adding it to my daily make-up routine. I. AM. HOOKED. I love that the application is smooth with no tugging. Overlap of the formula doesn't result in the removing of colour. It is incredibly build-able and the wand is firm and thin enough to control the thickness of your line. Thanks again Joyce!


4. Sajedene's Twitch Stream
I recently became a subscriber of Sajedene Twitch channel, also known as DotaCinema's SunsFan's girlfriend, after having been a follower for years. After subscribing to her, I instantly felt recognized and even won a Dragon's Ascension Set for Dragon Knight from a giveaway someone was hosting. It felt nice to be able to support someone who streams games regularly, considering I do rely on streams to get me through the week. Be sure to check out Sajedene's stream when you get the chance. I also enjoy and regularly watch/follow:

AdmiralBulldog's Twitch
Sheever's Twitch
Reave's Twitch
DeFrancoGames' Twitch


Sajedene, Reaves, and DeFrancoGames also stream a variety of games, so do not fret if you don't enjoy watching people play Dota 2.

5. The girl I met at the bus loop on Wednesday
I have found that the people at my school are pretty approachable, which really surprised me when I ended up starting a conversation with a girl when she realized that the bus wasn't going to appear at the stop we were waiting at.
She was wearing a SailorMoon tee and I wondered what she may have to say about the remake (SailorMoon Crystal). We ended up chatting on the bus about this and that and it was pretty enjoyable. It surprised me that something as simple as a love for SailorMoon could bring two complete strangers together. I was both fascinated and grateful.
I just wish I had gotten her name.

[well...it would be pretty creepy to have a picture of her here for reference, wouldn't it?]


So readers, what have you been loving lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment